Fly To Thailand From Cardiff Airport Avoiding London
Fly From Cardiff To Thailand
With the advent of the Qatar Airways service from Cardiff to Doha in 2018, flying from south Wales to Asia became a completely different proposition.
Thailand is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, and Qatar Airways has three routes to Thailand from Doha – Bangkok, Chang Mai and Phuket.
These options make it possible to enter Thailand at one airport and leave from another.
Our chosen itinerary would be:
- Cardiff International Airport to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chang Mai International Airport
- Chang Mai International Airport to Phuket International Airport
- Phuket International Airport to Cardiff International Airport
This will avoid travelling back to Bangkok for your return fligh,t if you wish not to.
We recommend a beach break at the end of your holiday as you will probably need a rest after the excitement of Bangkok and the Golden Triangle.
Internal Flights in Thailand
There are quite a few modern and low-cost flight operators in Thailand that will allow you to get around the country easily and cheaply. Some offer business class type services, whilst others offer extra leg room, etc. The airlines include: Air Asia, Bangkok Airways, Lion Air, Nok Air and Thai Airways at the time of writing.
With this excellent internal flight network, it is easy to travel to any number of destinations in Thailand as long as you return to one of the three Qatar Airways airports for your return trip to Cardiff.
From Chang Mai you will easily be able to reach the jungle, mist-shrouded mountains, hill-tribe villages and the of rice paddies mark the Golden Triangle and pop across into Laos and Burma, where the Ruak and Mekong rivers join.
Other great locations to consider are:
- The Similan Islands which are located off the coast of Phang Nga Province in the sparkling waters of the Andaman Sea. The Similan Islands are among the best places in all of Thailand for scuba diving and snorkeling.
- Although Pattaya, Thailand’s self-proclaimed “City of Sin”, may not appeal to everyone, the huge variety of fun things to see and do make it worthy of a place on this list.
- Koh Samui is a popular island in the Thai Gulf, which appeals to everyone from families and honeymooners to backpackers and solo adventurers.
Thailand Travel Agent Cardiff
Flying directly from Cardiff International Airport to Thailand immediately gives these advantages:
- Save a minimum of 3 hours travelling time to Gatwick or Heathrow by road or by rail
- Save money on rail, parking, taxi fares or hotel accommodation
- Don’t be exhausted even before you start the long flight
Also flying Qatar Airways from Cardiff gives you the opportunity to break up your journey for a few days in Doha (often with very special hotel rates)
Speak with a Thailand Travel Agent Cardiff who have a lot of experience visiting Thailand.
Contact us for a face to face meeting where we will pull out a map over a refreshing drink, and put together a complete plan for your exciting journey – leaving nothing to chance.